Consider all these following points while buying the best ceiling fan for your home. Look for all these aspects.
1) Fan Blade Sizes and Material
Usually, fans come in three to five blades. The traditional number is four. The more you’ll put blades on your fan, then you have to pay more for it. Blades come in several lengths 30, 42, 44, 46, 50, 52, and 60. Long blades move more air as compared to the shorter ones.
2) The Area Where You’re about to Put the Fan
Each location is exposed to some unique weather elements. So, we would advise you to go for fans, which is meant for a particular location—the location where you’re about to put your fan influences the performance and functionality of the fan. So, keep this in mind while purchasing a fan.
3) Quality Ceiling Fan
We would advise you not to go for low-quality ceiling fans. There are affordable brands in the market. You would get a lot of options. So, don’t settle for less. A good quality expensive ceiling fan has good features like the airflow is good. But a low-budgeted product doesn’t have all these aspects. So, go for the one that suits your budget.
4) Choosing the Right Ceiling fan for your home
Rooms up to 75 sq. ft. = 29 in – 36 in
Rooms 76 sq. ft. – 144 sq. ft. = 36 in – 42 in
Rooms 144 sq. ft. – 225 sq. ft. = 44 in
Rooms 225 sq. ft. – 400 sq. ft. = 50 in – 54 in
5) Ceilings Fan Controls
There are three types of fan controls.
- Remote Control: This is the most convenient control type. This control is highly recommended for people of old age. When a fan is placed in an inconvenient location, then it can be controlled with the remote control.
- Wall Control: You can control the airflow with the press of a button. This control is suitable for the kitchen, living room, and dining room.
- Pull Chain: This pull chain is suitable for guests’ rooms and low-profile ceiling fans.
6) Different Ceiling Fan Mounting Options
There are numerous ceiling fan mounting options. We will take a look at different mounting options to optimize the airflow and perfectly fit well in your space.
- Hugger Ceiling Fans: These fans are suitable for the low ceiling (8 feet or shorter). There is very little space between the ceiling and the fan’s motor.
- Close to Ceiling Fans: A down rod of 3 to 5 inches is placed in between the fan and the ceiling canopy. These fans are ideal for spaces with ceiling to floor height of 9 feet.
- Ceiling Fans with a High Ceiling: It would be great if you add a down rod to your ceiling fan to extend it. Most ceiling fans have a down rod as a mounting option. They are going to be placed in rooms with a high ceiling.
Ceiling Fans on the Sloped Ceiling: If the ceiling of your house is sloppy, then you need an adaptor to hang the fan straight. Some fans come with a down rod that would rotate. But if you want a ceiling fan that is suitable for the inclined ceiling, then check the product descriptions while buying one.
So, here are all the best ceiling fans for you to not just cure your summertime hot flashes, but also go easy on your pocket amidst all the beach shopping and fruit juices you’ll be sticking up on! All of these have unique features and a variety of advantages.
Each one has one great feature or the other to offer and at a very affordable price? Did you pick your favorite one yet? Go, unpack the box and install the best ceiling fan for your house today!