Here are a few tips for cleaning and maintaining a ceiling fan:
- Clean the fan every three months as the dust collected on the blades may slow it down. You vacuum and remove the dust from the blades with a dusting cloth.
- Periodic lubrication is necessary for the smooth functioning of the ceiling fan. The ceiling fan bearings need oil so that it does not give up all of a sudden.
- Once in a while, tighten the screws so that complete safety is ensured.
Types of Ceiling Fans
Ceiling fans come in different shapes, styles, and sizes. Here are a few to name:
- Standard Ceiling Fans: Mounted of flat or sloped ceilings with a download and hanged 7 feet above the ground.
- Low Profile Ceiling Fans: Commonly known as a hugger ceiling fan. It is installed directly on the bracket—best for rooms with a ceiling height less than 8 feet.
- Ceiling Fans with Lights: Comes with integrated light kits. Has a variety of glass shades.
- Outdoor Ceiling Fans: Moisture resistant and able to resist any kind of extreme weather condition.
- Energy Star Ceiling Fans: Made with an energy-efficient mechanism. Saves up to 20% more energy in comparison to standard ceiling fans.
- Remote Controlled Ceiling Fans: It comes with remote control offering multiple speed options and light settings.
Buying Guide for the Best Luminous Fans in India
With a plethora of options to choose from out there in the market, finding the right fan can really get tedious at times. Neither less to say, this can also significantly jeopardize your choosing option. So, we have properly curated this section, offering you the right assistance while getting your next Luminous fan in India.
Know the Purpose
Before buying a ceiling fan, you should consider whether you are remodeling your room or just replacing an old fan. These two situations call for different kinds of investment. If remodeling, you need to consider the theme and the interiors and then choose your fan. Else, go for a similar kind that you are replacing.
Do you want to buy a fan for the indoors or outdoors? This is an important question as both require fans with different specifications. The fans meant for indoors come with furniture-grade wood blades. Plus, you get a wide range of collections to select from. The fans meant outdoors are build to withstand intense weather conditions. They come with a UL wet and UL damp rating.
Needs for Additional Feature
Ceiling fans also come with LED lamps attached to it, as you might have already seen. Ask yourself if you want a light or not. The fans with added lights are costlier. So, it is important to consider your needs and options.
Check for the Airflow and Efficiency
An efficient ceiling fan will provide you with better airflow. Check the specifications of the fan before buying one. The airflow rate will decide whether the whole room will receive the air or not.
Ceiling fans have four different kinds of control:
- Remote Control: Ideal for high ceilings and very convenient for the user
- Wall Control: Ideal for families having kids and multipurpose rooms
- Reverse rotation: Ideal for adjusting to seasonal changes and climate control
- Pull Chain: Ideal for guest rooms and come with low-profile fans
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What should be my budget for buying a ceiling fan?
As mentioned earlier, ceiling fans come in different shapes, sizes, and styles. The more features you look for, the more you have to spend. Therefore, consider your needs, budget, and options available.
2) What are the available lighting options in a ceiling fan?
Ceiling fans support the following types of lights:
- LED lights
- Halogen lights
- Fluorescent lights
3) What are the available styles for ceiling fans?
The available ceiling fan styles are:
- Antique ceiling fan designs for a vintage feel to your room
- Contemporary ceiling fans for a modern yet elegant and subtle finish
- Rustic ceiling fans perfect for western or country interiors
- Tropical ceiling fans complement coastal, nautical, or island-themed room interiors
- Colorful finishes perfect for kid’s room for a lively feel
4) What is the ideal down rod length of a ceiling fan?
2.4 meters from the floor is the ideal length. However, it must not exceed 2.8 meters. Still, it all comes down to personal preferences and what is the ideal length you want to go with.
We have properly curated this article, offering some of the best Luminous fans you can find out there in the market. All the fans can provide you with unprecedented performance no matter what.
Now, if you are still skeptical about your purchase, our buying guide is always there to offer you the right solution whatsoever. So, what are you waiting for? Choose the fan that works for you, and you are always good to go.