When choosing a split AC, there are several important factors to consider in order to ensure you purchase the best unit for your needs. Below is a list of some of the most important factors to keep in mind when shopping for a split AC.
- Size: The first thing to consider when choosing a split AC is the size of the unit. It is important to choose a unit that is the appropriate size for the room or area you wish to cool. If the unit is too small, it will not be effective in cooling the space. If the unit is too large, it will cool the space too quickly and will not remove the humidity from the air, leaving the space feeling damp.
- BTUs: BTUs, or British Thermal Units, measure the cooling capacity of an AC unit. The higher the BTUs, the more powerful the unit. It is important to choose a unit with the appropriate BTUs for the size of the space you wish to cool.
- Energy Efficiency: Another important factor to consider when choosing a split AC is the unit’s energy efficiency. Choose a unit that has a high Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) to ensure it will not significantly increase your energy bills.
- Noise Level: Another thing to consider when choosing a split AC is the unit’s noise level. Some units can be quite noisy, so if you are looking for a unit for a bedroom or other quiet space, choose one with a low noise level.
- Warranty: Finally, be sure to check the warranty that comes with the unit. Most units come with a one-year warranty, but some may have longer warranties. Choose a unit with a longer warranty for peace of mind.