Even though the demand for tower fan is high these days, there are still people who do not know the product and its advantages. When compared to traditional ceiling fans or wall fans, the demand is low. In this article, we will discuss every detail about a tower fan.
What is a tower fan? What makes tower fan different from traditional wall fans or ceiling fans? How does it work? What is so special about tower fans? These few questions might have already popped up in your mind right now. To make things simple, a single answer can answer these entire questions. A tower fan unlike other fans, comes with a cylindrical housing that houses impeller blades that pulls air in and pushes air out in a wider span without making any noise.
While traditional fans deliver airflow in a focused and narrow way, a tower fan can spread air all around. If you compare the size, shape, and overall design of a tower fan with traditional fans, you will find them entirely different, tower fans come with air impellers that are designed to move air through a vertical shaft and deliver in several directions. You can find this working principle in no other type of fan.
Benefits of Owning a Tower fan in India
- Space – While most of the fans available on the market, except the ceiling fan demands a large area, a tower fan comes designed in such a way that it requires only a smaller area. If you have not seen a tower fan until now, you should know that tower fans are designed in such a way that it has less width and larger height. A larger height does not mean that tower fans are very tall; the height could vary from 50 to 100 cms maximum. This unique design of the tower fan is one of the main reasons why people consider purchasing a tower fan in the first place.
- Portability – Pedestal fans are portable and unlike most of the traditional fans, pedestal fans can be moved from one place to another with ease. But, what about heavy-duty pedestal fans? Are they easy to move? No, heavy-duty pedestal fans are heavy and it demands more than one person to move it from place to another. However, what if I tell you that a tower fan with the same or high airflow is very easy to move compared to heavy-duty pedestal fans? Yes, indeed that a tower fan with specifications that can compete with heavy-duty pedestal fan is comparatively less heavy and bulkier than pedestal fans.
- Stylish – While most of the traditional fans come in the same shape and design, a tower fan comes in unique shape and design. As mentioned above, tower fans are comparatively space-saving than space consuming. Designers of tower fan claim that they have designed a tower fan in such a way that it could suit any room settings without disrupting the aesthetics of room décor.
- Efficient – Efficiency of a tower fan is one of the best things about this device. A tower fan can offer the same output as heavy-duty pedestal fans available on the market today and the power consumed by tower fans is comparatively very low than pedestal fans.
- Noise – It is a well-known fact that all fans produce noise while functioning. The sound produced by wall fans and pedestal fans is comparatively very high when compared to ceiling fans. However, let me remind you, tower fans when compared to these traditional fans is extremely quiet. Some of the tower fans from top brands are designed in such a way that is absolutely no noise while functioning. Thanks to the well designed and placed impeller blades.
- Extra features – While most of the traditional fans come with traditional controls, there are some latest model ceiling fans and pedestal fans that come with the latest extra features. However, when it comes to tower fan, it is common that the product will come incorporated with extra features like timers, remote controls, touch-sensitive buttons, and variable breeze control.
- Environmental friendly – Unlike a traditional fan that pumps air in a single direction for a long time, a tower fan comes in a design that allows it to function and deliver airflow in a way that does not disrupt the natural airflow in a room. Yet another feature that comes incorporated into every tower fan is the timer, which is designed to switch off the fan after a period, therefore saving energy.
As you have seen, there are several benefits to using a tower fan and you can enjoy these benefits from any tower fans. However, there are something that you should know, Not all tower fans come designed, manufactured, and marketed in the same way.
There are some brands that market tower fan with poor design and quality; you will have to stay away from such brands and their products. To help you select the best tower fan available on the Indian market today,
Tower Fan Buying Guide – Important Features To Consider
Here is a buying guide that can help you select and purchase the best tower fan from the market.
Why do you think we said that you should be careful while selecting and purchasing a tower fan in India? One of the simplest answers that can satisfy your question is that tower fans are a comparatively new products on the Indian market and not too many people know how it functions and how to select the best product.
On the other hand, as the demand for tower fans has increased exponentially, the market competition has attracted too many brands into this segment, therefore, increasing the number of tower fan models available today. However, consider the factors mentioned below and you can select and purchase a tower fan easily.
Size – As mentioned above, a tower fan comes in different sizes and the size of the tower fan should play an important role in selecting and purchasing the best tower fan. Why do you think the size of the tower fan is important? As mentioned in the benefits section, one of the biggest advantages/benefits of the tower fan is that it is space saving.
If you end up purchasing a tower fan with a bigger size, the product can offer more disadvantages than advantages. On the other hand, if you need a tower fan that can deliver very high airflow, then you should consider purchasing a tower fan with a comparatively larger size. Therefore, we recommend you to first decide what your requirement is and then purchase a tower fan accordingly.
Style – Tower fan all come in the same overall design and style, however, to be frank, there will be a slight difference in the design and style. A tower fan is sleek and compact, it is designed to deliver high airflow, and some brands have found ways to change the style of the tower fan slightly without disrupting the efficiency of the device.
We recommend that you consider purchasing a tower fan based on your requirement in such a way that the style of the fan suits your room décor and settings. If you manage to purchase the best stylish tower fan then, the tower fan can add more style and attractiveness to your room.
Energy saving – Different tower fan comes from a different brand and with different features. As the size, style, features differ; the power consumption of the tower fan also changes. When compared to traditional fans like ceiling fans, wall fans, and pedestal fans, a tower fan consumes very less energy.
However, this is not true for all tower fans. Some brands manufacture and markets tower fans that come with high power consumption. This is one of the reasons why it is very important to check the product specifications and purchase a tower fan accordingly.
Noise – As mentioned above, one of the most important benefits of a tower bank is that it produces lesser noise than other traditional fans. This is true and you should know that different tower fans come designed in such a way that each product produces different level noise.
If you are a person who is purchasing a tower fan for the benefit of low noise while functioning, then we recommend that you consider purchasing a tower fan with lower noise levels. The noise produced by a tower fan is commonly denoted by “Db” (Decibels) prefixed by a number, if the product you consider to purchase has a lesser Db, then it means the product is silent and on the other hand, if the product has higher Db then the product is loud. Now based on this select and purchase a tower fan accordingly.
Quality – Quality of a tower fan will vary with the brand, model, and design. As the quality of the product changes, the efficiency and the energy consumption changes accordingly. This is one of the reasons why we recommend that you never blindly select a product based on the brand name or price. Instead, we recommend that you consider purchasing a product listed below or read the product reviews and purchase a tower fan accordingly.
Brand – The brand and its reputations are one of the main things that you should consider while purchasing a tower fan in India. There are more than 10 brands in India that market high-quality tower fans. However, the quality of each product different and there is no way a user can predict the quality before purchasing the product. Therefore, we recommend that you consider purchasing a tower fan from a brand with a reputation and a brand that offers maximum guarantee period.
Controls – Different tower fans come with different types of controls incorporated into it, some tower fans have push button controls, some with knobs, and some with touch sensitive controls. However, if the product is not from a top reputed brand and you are not considering a premium price tower fan, then do not go for a product with touch sensitive buttons.
If you are planning to purchase a premium priced product, then you can consider a tower fan with touch sensitive button controls. If not go for tower fans with a knob or push button controls.
Safety – Unlike most of the traditional fans available on the Indian market, a tower fan comes with a comparatively larger number of vents in all directions. If you have kids at your home, then their safety would be your priority, therefore, we recommend that you consider purchasing a device that comes with smaller vents and other safety features. Yes, there are tower fans that come with child safety features like smaller airflow vents, fuse, etc.
Material – A tower fan can be made of different type of materials, it could be plastic or a metal. As you know, there are different types of plastics based on quality. Therefore, it is very important that you consider purchasing a tower fan made of high-quality plastic.
Tower fan Vs Pedestal fan – Wich is better?
There is a huge difference between tower and pedestal fans. Both these fans serve the same purpose. However, each of these products has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Can direct the airflow in a specific direction
- The tilt of the head can be adjusted
- A pedestal fan offers the user more control than other fans
- A pedestal fan is comparatively very powerful as the airflow is directed only to a specific direction at high force
- Pedestal fans are best for office or workplace use
- Pedestal fans come with the power and efficiency to deliver the air to a larger area
- Pedestal fans come in a design that is less approving
- A pedestal fan cannot be used in a room with aesthetics as they could disrupt the décor
- Pedestal fans produce a lot of unwanted noise
- Pedestal fans have no feature that can do any change to the quality of air delivered
- Pedestal fans are bulkier and cannot fit into tight spaces
- Pedestal fans are less safe as they are heavy and the blades are accessible with fingers
- Comes at different price ranges
- Designed in such a way that it can suit any modern room décor
- More than a dozen features incorporated into most basic and premium models
- Space-saving design
- Tower fans are available in different size and shape no matter what the power and efficiency of the fan is
- It comes with features like timer, remote control, energy-saving, touch-sensitive control, variable speed, variable breeze, sleep mode, etc.
- Designed in such a way that the product does some air purification
- comes with different safety features that make it compatible for houses with kids
- Tower fans are comparatively less power consuming
- Tower fans are suitable for small and medium-sized rooms only
- If you do not select and purchase a tower fan carefully, then you can end up purchasing a tower fan that produces a loud noise
- Tower fans are comparatively less durable
- The user cannot control the flow of air in a tower fan
As you have read above, both tower fan and pedestal fan has its own advantages and disadvantages. In a way, it is impossible to decide which is better, as for different people, the priority and requirement are different. Based on a customer’s requirement, a pedestal fan or a tower fan can be the best suitable.
However, if you are looking for an energy-efficient and stylish fan then, a tower fan is the best option for you. On the other hand, if you want a fan, which is powerful and can deliver air to a larger distance, then it is better you go for a pedestal fan.
A tower fan comes designed to serve different purposes of cooling a room. However, as mentioned above, selecting the best tower might not be easy, but if you consider the factors mentioned above, you can easily select and purchase the best tower fan from the Indian market today. Nevertheless, if you still find it confusing then you can consider purchasing any one of the tower fan models listed above.